|Minako Kita, 5'5" 104 lbs|
Woman, Indistinctly Asian, Conservative Clothes, Armored Costume
Mentor's Power: Magical Training
Personal Power: Twilight World Evolution
(Enhanced Hearing, Nightvision, Magically Inert)
Shared Power: Air Control
Labels - CreationFreak +1
Labels - Session OneFreak +0
Condition - Guilty
How did you first meet your mentor?
Minako is a survivor of an alien ship crash and even as a small child was displaying abilities t o control air. The Japanese government set her up with a cover family and hired the retired Canadian air-controller Hillary Aquash, better known as the Wendigo, to train her.
When and why did you choose to train with them?
Minako has been training with the Wendigo most of her life. Her apprenticeship was chosen by the Japanese government.
Why did she agree to train you?
Hillary was curious about Minako and also considered it a responsibility to help the next generation handle their gifts. Though Minako wonders if there's something more to it.
Who else, outside the team, knows about your training?
Her adoptive older brother is aware of both her extraterrestrial origin and her training with the Wendigo. He himself is also an agent of the Japanese government.
Why do you care about the team?
Minako believes that they need someone to give them cohesion and focus. In addition this is a chance to prove to everyone that she has what it takes to be a leader.
Minako and Kyou have worked together in the past. She had at first assumed that Kyou was just a reckless teen but then learned that she started her training as a hero almost as early as Minako had. Still Kyou is a bit reckless at times.
The Wendigo is wary of Katja after witnessing her inhuman form and has asked Minako to keep an eye on her. She hasn't given any other explanation than that. Unfortunately, Minako has made that difficult by antagonizing the other girl.
Minako holds Influence over Katja, Kyou and Ayako.
Minako owes Influence to Katja due to feeling guilty about spying on her.
Minako owes influence to her mentor: Hillary Acquin, aka The Wendigo
- Fireside Chat - When you seek advice from your Mentor, roll + the Label they embody. On a
hit they give you insightful advice. On a 10+, mark potential if you follow their advice, and
take +1 ongoing for as long as you do. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through. On a miss, they don't have time for you because something big has gone down. Mark a condition, GM's choice.
- Venting Frustration - When you directly engage while you are Angry, you can roll + the Label your mentor denies and clear Angry.
- Heroic Tradition - When you give someone the advice that you think your mentor would give, you can roll + the Label your mentor embodies to comfort or support someone, instead of rolling + Mundane.
Mentor and Resources
The Wendigo embodies the Label of Savior and denies the idea that anybody is a Freak, which is part of what makes her concern regarding Katja stand out to Minako.
The Wendigo used her contacts to arrange some resources for Minako separate from those provided by the Japanese government do via the Chimera Sirens Project.
- A Base
- Security Systems
- Add +2 to the Label your Mentor embodies or denies. (Savior, embodies) - Consequences and Discoveries
- When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you were a good leader or effective team mate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you and take +1 forward on using the label your mentor embodies.
- When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add a team to the pool.
- Session One: Consequences and Discoveries
- Talked to Katja about being too reckless, suggested training.
- Met with her mentor who criticized her team's lack of training.
- The Wendigo asked her to investigate Katja Holgersson.
- Learned more about possession and Brethren.
- Led the team into getting training set-up with Himura.
The Process of Creation
Okay for Protege, we're first going to figure out upbringing and nationalities of herself and her mentor.