|Amber Chimera 5'4" 101 lbs|
Woman, Okinawan, Raver Clothes, Traditional Costume
Divine Visions, Magical Training,
Labels - CreationFreak +0
Labels - Session OneFreak +0
When did you officially become part of your Legacy?
Kyou was recognized as one of the Brethren when she was ten years old and began her training at that time.
What's the best story you've heard about your Legacy?
There are so many to choose from, but for her mind it is somewhere between Momotarou and Cu Cuchlain, both of whom are supposed to have been Brethren.
How does the public perceive your Legacy?
The Brethren are largely considered to be myths and legends. Even the modern ones rarely stand out from other known superheroes and people tend to assume that the ancient stories were overblown. As to her specific branch of the Legacy and how it is perceived in Japan. The exorcists and priestesses of her family are seen as quaint sort of country heroes.
How does your Legacy tie into your reasons for being a Hero?
Being Brethren is a biological concern, unlike other magicians it can't simply be ignored. The power will build whether she controls it or not. And things from other realities, intelligent or otherwise, will use her to successfully reach into this world. Kyou has rebelled against some of the traditions of her specific family, but she feels the responsibility heavily.
Why do you care about the team?
There is something about the other girls that is tickling the back of her mind. She's not entirely sure what it is. She suspects that Ayako may be from a branch of the Brethren bloodline and it seems certain that Katja's Mabui (her self or soul) has been corrupted or at least changed by something from another reality. The others she's not certain of exactly why they interest her.
|Kyou Higa, Raver|
Once she had gone out clubbing with Ayako a week or so after meeting her and was caught returning drunk by her elder sister.
She trusts Minako and has admitted a secret about the Brethren to her. She admitted that the dividing line between a true Brethren and someone from a related bloodline is a matter of an inborn ability rather than training. She also related that her second oldest sister went rogue over the revelation.
Kyou has Influence over Ayako.
Kyou owes Influence to Katja, Minako, Ayako, and Umeko.
- I Know What I Am - Once per scene, when you defend a teammate you can shift Savior up and another label down in addition to any other benefits from the move, even on a miss.
- The Legacy Matters - Whenever you accept what someone from your legacy tells you who
you are or how the world works, mark potential and take +1 forward.
- The Legacy - At the start of the session, roll + Savior to see how the members of your legacy feel or react to your most recent exploits. On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known. On a miss, something you did stirred up the hornet's nest---expect several members of your legacy to meddle with your life.
- Her cousin Maya is still an active member of the Brethren within Japan
- Her sister Jun is retired due to injuries and judgmental. Their mother was altered by an assimilation with an extradimensional entity of a species Maya hates and Ayako and her younger siblings are heavily marked by that species though she looks human. She's aware of her own prejudice and tries to deal with it.
- Her younger sister Kimiko has already been identified as a true Brethren.
- Her second oldest sister, Hinako became insanely jealous when their parents told her that being Brethren was a matter of genetics not magical study and hard training. She has since gone rogue.
- Did you uphold the traditions of your legacy?
- Did you maintain the image of your legacy?
- Did you make the other members of your legacy proud?
- Sanctuary - You have a place where you can rest, recover, and reflect upon your powers.
- Three features
- Teleportal/Dimensional Bridge
- Meditation Space
- Library of Ancient Tomes
- Two Downsides
- Difficult to access
- Draws dangerous attention.
- When you call upon the deeper nature of your powers in your sanctuary, you can solve impossible problems. Say what you want to do. The GM will give you one to four conditions you must fulfill to complete your solution:
- First, you must ___________
- You'll need help from __________
- You and your team will risk danger from ___________
- The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited.
- You'll have to obtain ___________.
- (Doom track option is removed since this is a Legacy sanctuary)
- Take a Sanctuary from the Doomed Playbook. - Consequences and Discoveries
- When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don't, shift Superior up and any other label down.
- When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a Condition and give them Influence over you.
- Session One: Consequences and Discoveries
- Spoke to Ayako about revealing her identity to Minako and Katja.
- Was asked by Katja to train her.
- Was lectured on her perceived cowardice by her family.
- Insisted that she was fulfilling a necessary role.
- Was told to stop trying to fit in with other people.
The Process of Creation
Okay, now building the Legacy.
|Original Hero Machine Picture|
I'm also altering the Mythic Might and Legendary Speed to Aquatic Adaptation and Multi-Dimensionality to represent both her development as a Brethren (multi-dimensionality) and the part of her that comes from an extradimensional heritage (in her case a ningyo, basically a mermaid). I'm also replacing Divine Armor with Divine Visions because it goes with a step toward her interdimensionality.
Since I figured it out for the Bull, going to go ahead roll Sexuality as well. Heterosexual.