Friday, August 17, 2018

Holy Pregnant Pause - Yakki Koto Kiku - Session 4


So, Frederic didn't expect us to solve his scenario in a single day. I get the idea that he didn't expect anybody to have finished the whole deal in a single day, but certainly not us. I can sort of get that. I mean, if anybody is going to do it one day it'd likely be the people that were supposed to destroy the piano. 

I mean, the defense team wouldn't be going after us to remove us from the occasion, that'd leave the piano unguarded. And I get the feeling most thieves don't go for the bliztkrieg random nonsense strategy.

That's really sort of what we did, you know. Just random stuff and taking advantage of things that sort of blew up in the faces of our colleagues.

It was really sort of neat the way everyone of us sort of created a boost for the rest of us to take advantage of.

I mean, if every time I screw up just makes things easier for everybody else, that's perfect right?

Anyway, now we have the real job to consider and wow is this a doozy.

So, for the audition I had my first time as a thief. I mean, an actual thieving thief, not just getting called a thief because I took something that nobody's laid eyes on for a thousand years from a hole in the ground.

This time, we're being asked to branch into kidnapping.

So, there's this religion thing that appeals to a lot of right-wing assholes and fleeces them for money or something, but their high priestess is pregnant, right? And Frederick wants to make sure that she doesn't give birth inside Sydney city limits.

Apparently, if she has a kid, something bad will happen. I don't know.

So we looked into it. I talked to Wilma about any artifacts she's heard getting moved aorund. Sumerian stuff, because this religion was supposed to be connected to some bull thing or something. Something to do with Gilgamesh anyway.

I mean, this stuff goes around all over the place, but it turned out she did know about a few things here and there. Some ritual stuff.

She didn't know anything about Michael, unfortunately, he's still in the bloody wind with that mirror thing that I was going to get out of Zak's...prison? Or refuge. They're still not all that up front about what they were doing there.

Anyway, I did think that maybe I should talk to Sak, too. The team came with me and I did warn them that my...handler is a bit....odd.

I mean ODD.

I mean, yeah, really out there.

Anyway, Zak has this restaurant in Sydney. They sell French Food with a Korean Menu and all the employees are Japanese. 

And they're all Sak.

When I first met them, there was only the one, but then they opened the restaurant and suddenly there was two of Zak. Then three, then...you know, I don't know how many anymore.

It's kind of weird in the restaurant, you're always sort of fumbling for things. They're never quite where you think they are and the time seems hard to follow, like the seconds sort of....flicker?

Anyway, everybody else just sort of stared at me as I talked with Zak. Well, they were talking with the fox too, but different Saks than the one I was talking too...sort of.

I mean....look, it's a bit confusing, okay? 

Regardless. We have a kidnapping to plan in order to stop random vague bad thing from happening.

My Fair Scion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daggerheart Analysis

  Daggerheart - What I've Seen So Far Template-Based Character Builds This will be familiar to players of D&D, Pathfinder 2e...

Popular Posts